The recipe for onion kulcha is an easy and quick recipe that is perfect for a dinner party or breakfast.
It’s an Indian dish that uses a dough of flour, yeast, salt, sugar, milk, and oil.
It has an onion sauce on top. The recipe is available at the end of this blog article.
Onion kulcha is a type of Indian bread. It’s cooked in a clay oven similar to a tandoori oven, but it doesn’t have any burning coals inside.
The dough for onion kulcha is made with maida (also known as chapati flour). It is based on the floor of the clay oven.
A typical recipe for onion kulcha uses only onions and cilantro (coriander leaves). The onions are sauteed with some cumin and other spices.
This onion recipe can’t be cooked in the tandoori oven. The recipe for onion kulcha has a lot of other ingredients that aren’t common in Indian dishes.
How to make a Recipe for onion kulcha?
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Serving: 2 -4 people
Ingredients for the recipe for onion kulcha
- 300 grams of flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of oil for cooking
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup warm milk (or more)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 teaspoons of fresh cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 3 -4 medium size onions, minced
- A pinch of black pepper and cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter
Cooking Instructions for Recipe for onion kulcha:
1. Mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, sugar, oil, and warm milk. Knead into a soft dough.
2. Add 3 tablespoons of warm water to make the dough smooth and a pinch of salt.
3. Place the dough in an air-tight container and let it rest for half an hour at room temperature (the dough will rise).
4. Grease a clay oven with butter to prevent onion kulcha from sticking to it while cooking.
5. Punch the dough after half an hour and divide it into 8-10 parts. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten them with the help of a rolling pin.
6. Spread butter on top of each flatbread and place them on the clay oven floor (switching sides if needed). Let them cook for 5 minutes and flip to another side to cook for another five minutes.
7. Take them out of the clay oven and brush the butter on top.
8. Spread a layer of cilantro, onion, and cumin powder. Add black pepper and put it back in the clay oven to cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.
9. Keep in mind that you must cook onion kulcha on medium-high heat, but keep checking while cooking because they can burn fast.
10. Take them out of the clay oven and serve them immediately. It’s better to serve it hot.
Nutrition facts of the recipe for onion kulcha
- Calories: 209.22 kcal
- Net Carbs: 4 g
- Protein: 2.19 g
- Fat: 10.75 g
- Total carbs: 11.21 g
- Fiber: 0.25 g
Amazing 7 Health Benefits Of Recipe for onion kulcha
Here are 7 amazing health benefits of the recipe for onion kulcha you should know:
1. High in Vitamin C
An onion kulcha is a high source of vitamin C.
It is an antioxidant that helps fight diseases and improves your immune system.
It is also useful to prevent colds and other infections.
Vitamin C strengthens bones and prevents arthritis, which means less pain.
2. Loaded with Fiber
A recipe for onion kulcha is also loaded with fiber. Fiber is a part of our diet that we usually don’t get enough of.
It lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, regulates bowel movements, and helps to remove toxins from the body.
This ingredient will help you clean your colon and clear up your skin.
3. Good source of Protein
A recipe for onion kulcha contains good amounts of Protein, which are essential to make muscles and other tissues in the body.
They help to develop hair and nails and protect the body from infections.
4. Helping in Weight Loss
A recipe for onion kulcha is a low-carb meal with almost no calories.
It helps to lose weight and prevents fat storage in the body. It also prevents overeating at parties when you aren’t hungry.
5. Helps to lower cholesterol
This recipe for onion kulcha contains good amounts of fiber and helps lower cholesterol.
It also controls blood sugar levels, prevents heart disease and strokes, improves weight loss, and makes the skin beautiful.
6. Helps to prevent diabetes
A recipe for onion kulcha reduces sugar cravings by controlling blood sugar levels in the body. Studies show that they can control diabetes compared to other foods that don’t have this effect.
7. Improves digestion
The fiber in a recipe for onion kulcha helps to improve digestion by absorbing water and moving the bowels to help you move faster. They also absorb toxins and prevent constipation.
The recipes are also good for people with digestion problems because they help regulate bowel movements.
The recipe for onion kulcha is very simple and easy, but it tastes delicious.
Try it, and you’ll see what I mean. It’s not only a healthy Indian recipe with tons of vitamins, but it’s also the perfect appetizer for any party.
It will impress your friends at first glance, and they’ll keep asking you to make it again.
This article helps you to learn how to make the recipe for onion kulcha.
You can add many other veggies and herbs to your recipe for onion kulcha, like peppers.
It’s easy to make and looks awesome on a plate.